Saturday, March 3, 2007

To be more like Mary

Can you imagine being Mary for just one day?? I often think about her life as the Mother of Jesus and how selfless she had to be. On a bad day if I can get together enough to remember to ask Jesus for guidance. I always seem to be led to meditating on her life and how as a mother I should strive to be more like her. The task seems nearly impossible some days, especially today. Today I was sitting around feeling sorry for myself that I am uncomfortable and tired. When you are uncomfortable you can't sleep and when you are tired it drains you emotionally and physically and makes you even more uncomfortable. This morning I was wishing I was one of those women that just LOVE being pregnant and for the most part it was easy but God knew that's not what I needed. This morning I received an email from a woman at my Church that was looking for help leading a station this Wednesday night and there was link to go and read Mary's way of the Cross which is a beautiful version of what Mary endured during Jesus' Passion and Death. I thought I can do that. After reading the first 3 I was crying so hard I called my husband in to give me a hug. It has put today in perspective for me. Amazingly I feel so much better than i did 1 short hour ago. If you are a mother grab a hanky and click on the link below and read through each station. I hope and pray that you too will find your spirit renewed with selflessness, a trait that every mother needs. Gods Blessings on all of my Family and Friends near and far.

http://gloryb.members.atlantic.net/index20.html

No comments: