Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mardi Gras Party


What a beautiful day it was today!! Our living arrangements since June 06 has been on a military base in housing that are quads (4 houses hooked together). There is another quad across from us and we have a community "front yard" . This has been good in many ways but does have it's occasional downfalls. Today we all got together for a potluck outside (Cajun style). I brought Blackberry Cobbler that took 2 hours to cook sine i tripled the recipe. I brought it and and a bucket of ice cream out and it was almost gone within 30 mins. I could hardly believe that 3lbs of blackberries were gone!!! The kiddos decorated there power wheels and had a parade. We sat outside from noon to 6:30 pm!! Max fell asleep as Daddy was reading to him. He was EXHAUSTED!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph I love your blog and I'm glad I'll be able to keep with you all when we move. Great picture of Max and the cobbler was to die for.

Stephanie said...

Kristi- YOU ROCK!! Thanks for visiting and leaving my first comment!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph - wow 3 pounds of blackberries lasted 30 minutes??? Wait until you have a teen ;-) I love that you're blogging and love the pic...